Sunday, March 28, 2010

Volunteer: The only legal way for me to teach in Thailand




Doing Volunteer work at a very poor school in Ban Phe Thailand, Wat Nari.

I invite any persons to contact Wat Nari regarding my performance as a teacher.

The administrator is Mr. Subon, +66 038651873.

The photos were taken my last day after working two months.

The kids were great, even in this short time they learned more English than I would have expected.

I take five percent credit and the other ninety five percent goes to these bright hard working students.


My work load was easy with about one hundred students per week.

The classes were unusually small with about twenty students per class.

Other teachers here tell me that a typical Thai classroom would be fifty or more hard to control students.

They tell me it's more like babysitting than teaching.

It took me a couple of weeks to catch on to "classroom management".
After that these kids were as well behaved as any school back in the old days when I was a student.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as a way to communicate with me. They probably will not be posted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home